Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy UnValentines Day

Technically it's no longer Valentine's day since it's just after midnight. I'm not sure if this happens every Valentine's day (because I've never noticed it until now), or if this one was an exception, but so many people seemed downright miserable today. It made me sad, mainly because negative energy (or any energy for that matter) is very contagious.
My nanny job for the evening was canceled because one of the children fell ill, so once Jordan got off work we decided to celebrate our UnValentine's day together. I'd just received VickyChristinaBarcelona via the mail from Netflix, but after the first half hour of watching them parade around Spain drinking wine I wanted to get a glass for myself. We walked down the street to Lahaina Coolers where we both got a glass and talked for a while.
If it weren't for the fact that some of my friends have birthdays that fall on Valentine's day, I would probably end up forgetting the holiday altogether... probably because I've never really been in a position to really celebrate it. I just hope that all of the grumpy people today werent grumpy because they felt unloved.

No comments: