Friday, February 20, 2009

I've been waking up early over the last few days, not because I need to, but because I wake up a little after seven and can't fall back asleep. I don't mind because I tend to get more things done in the morning. It's not even 10 O'clock yet and I've already been to the grocery store, been to the post office, refilled our water jugs at the water store, and done some cleaning. Today promises to be a long day. I have a nanny job from 12 O'clock to 4 O'clock and another from 7:45 until 10:45 or so.



A friend and I went up north to Shoots and Ladders yesterday morning. It's a hike that I'd heard about and always wanted to go on, but never knew how to get to. It ended up being up past Honokohau and further north than I think I've ever been on Maui. The hike is fairly short, but requires scaling the side of a small cliff with the help of some ropes and ladders (hence the name Shoots and Ladders). At the bottom of the cliff is a set of three pools that are separated from the ocean by some very menacing looking jagged rocks. We came prepared to swim, but after watching a few large waves sweep through the pools and turn them into what looked like washing machines we decided against it. He said that as summer gets closer they'll be less of a north swell (or south swell?) and the pools will be safer to swim in. Jordan didn't get a chance to go because of work, but I'm sure we'll go soon. It's absolutely gorgeous up there and I can't wait to go back.

No comments: